DELAYED HARVEST – WET CONDITIONS
Extremely wet or snowy conditions can delay your harvest. In some cases the moisture content is so high the crop cannot be physically harvested with normal harvesting equipment.
Actions You Can Take
- Contact your crop insurance agent and report a loss.
- Tell your agent that your harvest is delayed because of bad weather.
- Continue your normal and customary harvesting practices, if possible.
- Document conditions for your acreage and the actions you take so you can receive an accurate claim payment, if one is due.
- You may request an extension of time to harvest if you are unable to harvest by the calendar date for the end of the insurance period. You must harvest your crop during the extension period if a window of opportunity arises. If you do not, the approved insurance provider will appraise the acreage at that time and finalize the claim based on that appraisal. Damage occurring after the window of opportunity to harvest is uninsurable.